A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Thursday, February 1, 2018

Goode February


January 
it seems,
can go on forever.
We have had bitter cold,
snow and rain.

Although February,
 can be rather cold itself.
It carries with it,
hope
 that Spring
will find it's way soon.



As you can see..
Sping has been first and foremost
in my work.

I love Netty LaCroix's patterns
and I love using them.
Sometimes I stay true to 
the techniques
and sometimes 
they reflect my vision.
(an egg or a sleepy mouse?
...ponder, ponder.)
I have added my own
 tiny, humble stitches.
It gives a homey
olde finished look
and often inspires
the Early and Primitive 
look that I love.
I often envision a young ladye
practicing stitches
by the fire.



Last night,
had it's first offerings for 2018.
If you haven't visited before,
hop on the link and enjoy
some one of a kind
Halloween Art.
(My wee friend has been spoken for, but there are still lovilies to be had)
It is a great way 
to start a collection
and see 
wonderfully,
talented
Artists.


February
brings 
thoughts of love
and the yearning for
the newness
of Spring.

I have
been tweeking
things a bit...
knowing that 
life always changes.
I have been
pondering, 
how to make those changes.
 Keeping 
the balance 
of home,
family,
and 
work that I love.

Embracing more
Hygge
each year.
(Pinterest has some lovely inspires)
embracing it
even in my work.
As the new Raven Witch
walks where
the Natty Rats
have been.
My work will
reflect
my heart
and roots,
and still challenge
my vision of growth.
~*~  ~*~  ~*~  ~*~  ~*~  ~*~  ~*~

If you would 
like to be notified of my postings~
(which will be more frequent)
at the top of the left hand column,
is a place where you can add your email.

If you would like to see 
my work on FaceBook
I am under,
The Goode Wife of Washington County
just Like and Follow!
and..
you can find me on 
Pinterest
&
Instagram
under
theegoodewife

Say hello~
I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: