A Unique Primitive Art with a whisper to the past~

These truly ARE the voices in my head.







Tuesday, November 14, 2017

November Morning

Snowladye in the morning light.
This morning is dark and dreary.
The milky skies 
give little brightness,
but candeglow casts its warm light 
and a mug of hot tea
chases the chill away.

I am fast at work,
racing the light today
as it is upload day for Early Work Mercantile.
I took a moment to peek
out the kitchen window,
while I waited 
for  some clear coat to dry.

Not that long ago...
a week or so~
there were roses on my rosebush,
and morning glories 
were still in abundance;
such a pretty blue.
This morning however~
there are brown and orange leaves,
scattered on the still green lawn.
 The frost
has turned colorful 
blooms to a dark brown.

Above,
 on the stockade fencing,
oblivious
 to the sparrows and starlings
swirling about...
is a gray squirrel.
I have to chuckle as he is happily 
munching on his breakfast.
A good sized piece of pizza.
Booty from the garbage next door.
A squirrel's breakfast in the burbs.

I am reminded
that our world is what we make it.
I love surrounding myself
with dollhouses
and dollys in the making.
Candle glow on these
dreary November days...
Needle and thread.
The busy hands of a maker.

Early Works offerings 
tonight at 9 pm.

3 comments:

dianeknottllc.blogspot.com said...

Love your music, Stacey!

Marilee said...

Wonderful, words and music, alike.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Stacy, I love to see your posts in my in-box. So uplifting to hear your beautiful music, read your beautiful words and lust after your sweet and beautiful creations!..Happy Thursday..Judy